It’s not just habits that drain our energy, it’s the people and environment around us as well. Now with that said, let’s get into it:
1. Any Kind of Quick Dopamine Release Addiction. If it makes you feel worse after you do it, that’s a pretty big tell. Instant fixes feel good in the moment, but added up throughout the day it zaps every ounce of energy you have.
Look at quick-fix habits you have, the “mini-addictions” and do your best to stay away from at least a few of them.
2. No Direction In Your Life. When you’re in uncertainty, your energy depletes very quickly. You end up spending it on thinking, and ‘projection-type thinking’ consumes a TON of mental energy very quickly.
3. Seeking Approval or Validation From Other People. This is a complete mess in general, because people are generally put off by this kind of behaviour as well. But for your own sake also, build up self-confidence.. It means that you’ll have to set some goals, and put in work- and it’s fully worth it.
4. Non-Stop Worry. Bad things have happened, and they will happen again. Worrying and stressing about it will not add any value to the situation. I know, easier said that done- but if you force yourself to focus on what you WANT instead of what you DON’T WANT you’ll have a TON more energy.
5. Stopped Growing & Improving. When you get settled in, nice and comfy with that smug feeling of content- your energy is gone! Because there is nothing to strive for, there’s no progress.